The City of Fayette is accepting applications for the following departments:
- Electric Distribution (Operator)
Contact: Danny Dougherty
City Hall 117 South Main Fayette, Mo 65248
CITY OF FAYETTE, MISSOURI
TITLE: OFFICE MANAGER-UTILITIES
SUPERVISOR: City Administrator
SCOPE OF WORK
This position is under the administrative direction of the City Administrator, and is responsible for managing a comprehensive utilities office operation for the City that meets all revenue projections; customer service; and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designs and implements programs to promote efficiency in revenue collection, accounting, and customer service activities.
• Performs computer data entry activities including accounting journal entries.
• Supervision and training of office staff.
• Performs customer service activities.
• Prepares and delivers bank deposits and refund checks.
• Collects monies from the general public and businesses.
• Accounts for all utility service charges, deposits and credits.
• Orders connection, disconnection, or reconnection of utility services.
• Responds to requests and needs of the general public, city officials and employees with respect to utility management operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of modern billing systems.
• Considerable knowledge of office management, records maintenance and accounting techniques.
• Good supervisory, communications, typing and office equipment skills.
• Ability to plan, organize, implement and control office workloads.
• Ability to make decisions in accordance with laws, ordinances, regulations and established policies.
• Excellent customer service skills and techniques.
• Computer literate, preferably in Summit accounting applications software, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
Associated degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field, plus two (2) years of experience in office management, billing, and record keeping. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Position exists in primarily an indoor office environment. Will interact much of the time with office staff and the general public.
The City of Fayette is an Equal Opportunity Employer: The City of Fayette is fully committed to avoiding any unfair treatment or discrimination in employment practices related to race, color, religion, handicap, national origin, ancestry, gender or age. Nothing in this job description shall take precedence over any state or federal law to the contrary.
Notice: “At Will Employment Status” All employees are employed on an “at will employment basis” and may be terminated at any time by the City. An employee may also terminate his or her employment with the City at any time.
Note: This job description is available in full detail upon request at city hall.
SECTION 125.300. Applications for employment. Applications for employment shall be accepted at any time. All applications for employment shall be filed with the City Clerk. Filing the application with the City Clerk shall be considered proper filing to the Board of Alderman. The information on the application is to be handles as privileged information.
Interested applicants can email a resume to the City Administrator at email@example.com or mail a copy of the resume to City Hall 117 South Main Fayette, Mo 65248.
SECTION 125.300. Applications for employment.
Applications for employment shall be accepted at any time. All applications for employment shall be filed with the City Clerk. Filing the application with the City Clerk shall be considered proper filing to the Board of Alderman. The information on the application is to be handles as privileged information.